Friday, May 21, 2010

Nairobi, Kenya

Hello all,
I wanted to give you an update on my life...short and sweet, I hope :D
I graduated from KSU on May 15. I was super excited to graduate, but sad to see everything that I have known for the last 4 years leave. I haven't seen my K-State friends in almost a week, but it has been nice to relax and get things ready for my next adventure....

Now that I am done at KSU, I am looking forward to spending 6 months in Nairobi, Kenya. I am going to be teaching grades 4-7 in an informal day school in Kibera slums. Kibera Slums is about the size of New York's Central Park (1.5 square mi.) with over one million people packed into it. I will be going with the missions organization SIM, which stands for Serving in Mission.
As I am preparing to leave, there is much to do! The original leave date was June 1st, but I have not received all of my financial support yet. I need to raise approximately $7,883.00. Currently, I have raised about $6,334. These funds cover everything from transportation and daily living expenses to medical insurance.
Prayer is also much appreciated. I will be writing on the blog throughout my trip to keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment