Thursday, June 17, 2010

Orientation

Hey all...these last few days have been really busy! On Wednesday, I flew from Wichita to Houston, then on to North Carolina. All were uneventful trips, which was great! I had my first session on Wed night and was able to stay awake until 9:45 Eastern time. WOW...that's the earliest bed time that I can remember!

There are 9 of us going through orientation. I am the only one going to Kenya, but I have enjoyed getting to know the others as well. Three of the others are going to be teaching in Bolivia, so we have that teaching link. One girl, my roommate, is from Topeka, KS and went to K-State. We had found a friend in common within 5 minutes of meeting each other! Thurs. consisted of morning chapel with the SIM staff, 2 prayer sessions (their prayer day) and 4 sessions throughout the day. WE ate lunch with missionaries who had served in the countries. THe couple that I ate with were in Kenya while Christy was there. We had a great chat, and I learned quite a lot from them.
Tomorrow is the last day of orientation, but it will be a full day as well.
I promise to write more and add some interesting pictures when I am able....I can't wait! I will be leaving NC on Sunday. I am heading through O'Hare in Chicago, through London, and will be in Kenya on Monday. Please pray for safety as I travel. I have never been to O'Hare, especially not by myself. Dad printed off a map of the terminals, so hopefully it won't be too bad. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment