Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Flexibility

Flexibility is the name of the game. This morning, I walked into the school and found out that the teacher I HAD been teaching with decided to take a government job. A new teacher was being showed the school, and I would be teaching with her today. WOW! I will miss my old teacher, but will hopefully get to know the new one well.

Since I've been here in Kenya, two verses keep coming to mind. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
I have found it hard to delight in any hard thing that comes up. Having trouble with a certain student, having things change without notice....whatever it has been, I have felt my insecurities, my doubts. I have many weaknesses, but God's power is made perfect in those weaknesses. I know that I can't do these things without God's help. His power has gotten me through.
Thanks for praying!

2 comments:

  1. I remember that feeling SO WELL! It seemed like I was always in some predicament or another when I was there! I love you and am praying for you! (and I have to admit I'm REALLY proud of my sista in Africa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you read a verse and learn to apply it at this level of experience is when you really learn what it means. We are proud of you and are praying for you. Good job

    ReplyDelete