Wednesday, September 1, 2010

School break..

New adventure has a week off from school before the new term starts! During this week, I have been going to the SIM office and helping out where I can. I have been filing and organizing mostly, but I have also gotten to spend more time with the SIMers that work in the office. I don't get to see them since I am at school from 8:20-4 everyday (almost the whole time that the office is open). The new term starts up again next week. I do not know exactly what I will be teaching. The teacher that I have been helping in Grade 3 may not be coming back this term. If that is the case, I may be teaching all of Grade 3 except Kiswahili. I have been getting a lot of variety over this break. In addition to grade 3, I have been teaching Grade 6 and Grade 4 English. I have enjoyed the older class levels, so I hope that I will be able to stay with them over the next term.
This past weekend, I had another opportunity to go with Colin and Fey (SIMers) to a place called Kangunda. It was only a day even. We went to Kangunda for another church cell training experience. It was a little easier this time as their English was really good, and they did not need interpreters. I did not have my camera, so sorry that there are no pictures!

Here are some pics of my weekend! On Friday, I went with some friends to a place called Hell's Gate National Park. We hiked around and drove through the park all day. It was so much fun, and so beautiful! I also made some new friends!! :D I just thought this sign was funny!!I loved this view! We pretty much sat here for an hour just taking it in!
Here is a front view. We weren't REALLY on the edge of the world! I felt as if I should have had a bottle to throw off the face of the earth (The God's must be crazy).
We hiked around these rocks for a couple of hours. This was heading towards the place where Tomb Raider 2 was filmed....

No comments:

Post a Comment