Saturday, July 31, 2010

Kinangop

I have just had a very busy 2 weeks. We have officially finished school for one week. On Thursday and Friday, a couple Americans working with AWANA international were at the school. They had been to the school last year, and were getting updates. They had several grades recite a passage from Psalms, and had several individuals reciting verses recorded for promotional videos they will be producing.Now that I have a week off from school, I will be doing some little things around Nairobi. I will be going to a child care/orphanage called New Life to spend time with the children. I would also like to go to the SIM office and help out where I can.

Last weekend, I went to Kinangop with an SIM couple- Colin and Fey. On the way there, we stopped at Tumaini, a school where we have other SIMers. This little girl, Hope, was found on the side of the road just 3 days before we saw her.She couldn't even cry when she was found. Hope is staying at, and being cared for, at Tumaini until the government can decide what they want to do with her. **I really wanted to take her home with me!!**Colin and Fey are short-term SIMers who teach churches about cell groups. For a couple of hours, Colin and Fey taught about the cell groups...what they are, how to lead a cell group.....Then, we broke into groups. I co-lead a group with Fey. It was such a great experience. We traveled up country and stayed in a Kenyan home. The area was absolutely beautiful and the people were so great. We stayed with a couple named David and Phylis. On the trip to their home, Phylis and her son, Blessing, rode with us. I said "Wow" to something as we passed. From that point on, Blessing called me "Wow." :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment