Sunday, July 18, 2010

New sport....



On Thursday afternoon, I was heading home from school when I found out that some of the older girls from school were participating in a volleyball tournament on Friday afternoon (the following day). I was surprised to find that they had never played volleyball before, and yet they were playing other schools the next day. The coaches found out that I had played volleyball before, so they asked if I had tips for them. WOW!!! What an experience. We went to the only court in Kibera, and taught them the basics. THey did not have a net, so they used what they had....sweaters and sweatshirts. They had to learn how to bump and serve....everything in one day.
They did not win on Friday (but they were close on one game). They played again on Saturday, and I have yet to find out how that went.

No comments:

Post a Comment