Saturday, July 10, 2010

My kids...


Another week has flown by. I have taught a few classes throughout the week including Math, English, and CRE (Christian Religious Education). THese classes are not difficult to teach considering it is the 3rd grade. However, sometimes it is a little hard to communicate the point of the lesson in English. At the end of each lesson, the children are given classwork to do. That helps me to see if they understood. If they are having problems, they can be helped in Kiswahili by the teacher. That has been helpful. I'm really thankful for how it has gone so far. I am really exhausted by the end of the week, but I have 2 days a week off, so I can catch up on my sleep!

When I get home, I'm pretty tired as well. I have enjoyed going out into the compound and watching the kids play or playing with them. I enjoy having people of all ages here! In my spare time, I have baked here ...I have Christy's reputation to live up to :D HAHA! I love baking though!! Here is a picture...just for mom! It's a mango pie, and we cinnamon crips with the extra crust dough.
If you want to come for tea, and cookies some time, let me know....or just drop by! I'd love to have you :P

3 comments:

  1. Its fun to see your kids and the classroom environment with the dividers. Are there girls on one side and boys on the other - its hard to tell when they are sitting down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are boys and girls on both sides. SOmetimes with their short hair, it is hard to tell. The boys have a checkered collar, and the girls have a solid green collar. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are actually blowing my reputation out of the water. :-) Your mango pie looks great! In Ella's words..."I want to EAT it!!!"

    ReplyDelete